Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Scared of the Dark

Scared of the Dark,
A book written by Shannon Passe
Illustrated by: Craig Orback
Published by: Heinemann
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Words: 1067 
Level:  N

This book is not that long because it is part of a collection which I don't have, but I was lucky enough to get this copy because I'm actually in it. I'll explain later.

Quinn, 
A city kid, was being dropped off for two weeks at his uncle TJ and auntie Ny's house. He was used to being in the city not a rural neighborhood. 
Quinn does not like rural areas because there are no street lights, just nature, making it easy for him to use the black night to create scary figures in the night.

One night, Quinn left his uncle's binoculars outside on a tree and just remember he did when it was super dark out. At first he planned on getting it the next day but he knew he would get in trouble from his uncle if it got messed up, so he went outside to get it but heard sounds in bushes that made him scared. When he grabbed the binoculars he hurried back to the house and his auntie and uncle was there waiting for him. Quinn admitted he was scared of the dark but his aunt told him it wasn't that bad and told him to look in the sky.
The sky was lit with stars everywhere. He never got to see the night like that in the city. He and his aunt and uncle spent the night put stargazing. 

Back to what I was saying about me in the book, its true, I'm the kid illustrated in this book. See for yourself!

Pretty cool huh? 
actually got to work with Craig Orback! 
I was shy at first but he was nice so I really enjoyed myself.
Hopefully I'll get the chance to do something like this again in the future. 
*FINGERS CROSSED* Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Scarlet Jei Saoirse said...

😍♥️

Joyce said...

My Goodness Jay!!! First I'd like to say you said about me is so heartfelt 😊 I love you so much 😘. Also, you interview was excellent, I sure hope more people get to read it. Awesome job Jay